Use Aloe Vera To Transform Red Irritated Skin Into Soft Healthly Skin. If your skin is red and irritated, you’ll want to soothe it right away. Prolonged inflammation of your skin can cause your skin to break down collagen. Or, if you just want smooth, vibrant skin, you can also use this skin soother. Aloe Vera gel has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties, and it penetrates the skin easily to provide nourishment.
Additional key findings from the report
- Vegetable intake has decreased in five out of eight age groups. Older adults (50+ years) are leading the way in declines, a particular concern as they typically eat the most vegetables.
- Older millennials are slacking, declining in fruit and vegetable eating occasions and trending higher than other age groups in not eating fruits.
- Fruit consumption is down among kids.Older millennials are in their peak parenting years, and their behaviors may be affecting their families. In fact, children 1-3 years old have shown a significant decline in fruit consumption. Intake is also down in children 4-8 years old, which is especially alarming because young children are typically among the highest fruit consumers.
- Generation Z is a promising generation of vegetable lovers. Young Gen Z consumers ages 1-14 years old are eating vegetables more frequently.
- Juice intake has declined. Consumption of juice is down among ALL age groups and to the greatest extent in young children. This is particularly topical as the new federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans, released in December, calls out the alarming shortfall in American produce consumption and includes 100% fruit and vegetable juices as options for meeting recommendations.
- Already popular fruits have increased. While overall fruit intake remains low, people have turned more frequently to bananas, grapes, blueberries, strawberries and oranges in the past five years.
- Handy, simple vegetables are increasing. Potatoes, salads, avocados, tomato sauce/paste and salsa have been increasing as go-to vegetables over the past five years.
- One-fourth of vegetables are consumed through dining out. People of all ages get a sizable portion of their vegetable intake dining out, via fast food, casual dining, cafeterias, delivery and/or other means. With people working more from home and preparing more meals at home, this creates concern that vegetable eating may continue to drop.
- Most fruits and vegetables are eaten at home, paired with other favorite foods. When Americans do consume produce, many people enjoy their fruits and vegetables coupled with basic, everyday staple meals such as cereals–both hot and cold–yogurt, sandwiches and burgers.
Source: Produce for Better Health Foundation
Real Natural Salt CrystalsEliminate Iodized salt and regular Sea Salt. Look for Sun-Dried or Solar salt such as Himalayan Salt, or our Pink Salt.