For centuries, organic citronella essential oil has been used in a number of cultures for various practical applications. From balancing your mood to deodorizing and disinfecting your home, this highly versatile oil can do all these without the use of any toxic chemicals or solvents. Here are some of the best ways citronella oil can benefit you and your home.
Top uses of organic citronella essential oil
- Repels insects: The unique and fragrant aroma of citronella oil can effectively mask other scents that attract insects, making it a non-toxic and eco-friendly alternative to commercial insect repellents. When formulated correctly, citronella oil can even be as effective as mainstream repellents when it comes to repelling mosquitoes. You can protect your skin from pesky bugs by applying diluted citronella oil on your skin once every 30-60 minutes.
- Deodorizes your home: The light, clean, and lemony scent of citronella oil makes it an excellent choice for deodorizing enclosed areas in your home that don’t get much air circulation, such as closets, kitchen cabinets, and storage areas. You can use a diffuser to fill the air with the sweet and zesty aroma of citronella oil. (: Why an Essential Oil Diffuser Is Beneficial.)
- Serves as a relaxing massage oil:Soothe your sore and tired joints and muscles by mixing three drops of citronella oil with your preferred carrier oil and massaging it directly on the affected area. Citronella oil is particularly effective in alleviating minor aches and pains associated with strenuous exercise. For maximum relief, you can apply a heat pack on the affected area after massaging the oil.
- Uplifts and elevates your mood: The therapeutic properties of citronella oil can provide a calming effect on your body and promote a positive mood. Its uplifting scent can leave you with a light and rejuvenated feeling. Whenever you’re feeling stressed or anxious, you might consider relaxing and unwinding with a little citronella aromatherapy.
- Upgrades your household cleanser: The powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties of citronella oil can naturally disinfect surfaces and protect your home from odor-causing germs and bacteria. The best part is that it does all this without any harmful toxins or chemicals. Simply add a few drops of citronella oil to your household cleaning solution to boost its natural sanitizing capabilities.
- Upgrades your shampoo/conditioner: Add a few drops of citronella oil to your favorite shampoo or conditioner to get fragrant, shiny, and non-greasy hair. Using the diluted oil as a hair spray can also soothe and soften your hair, as well as eliminate greasiness. Some people find that citronella oil can also add volume to their hair and reduce tangles.
- Makes for a refreshing foot soak:Not only can citronella oil give your feet some well-deserved rest and relaxation, it can also provide a great way to deodorize your feet and effectively eliminate germs. Simply mix several drops of citronella oil and tea tree oil in a basin of warm water. Allow your feet to soak in the mixture for around 10-15 minutes, and you can say goodbye to smelly feet in no time.
- Promotes restful sleep:When you want to get a good night’s sleep, there’s nothing quite like giving yourself a luxurious home-spa experience to put your mind at ease in time for bed. Make yourself feel pampered and extra comfortable by diffusing the fragrant, citrusy aroma into your bedroom, while massaging your temple and palms with diluted citronella oil.
If you want to experience the all-around functionality of organic citronella essential oil, then consider trying some Health Ranger Select Organic Citronella Oil, the only lab-verified citronella oil in the market for nearly all your practical home and self-care needs.