If you’re concerned about maintaining the health of your brain as you age, you’re certainly not alone. No one wants to lose their dignity or independence in their later years – with the chance of becoming a burden to their spouse or children.
Unfortunately, the current statistics are not pretty. By age 65, 1 in 9 Americans will struggle with brain health issues, and by age 85, an astonishing 1 in 3 will. And sadly, these issues have become the 6 th leading cause of death in the U.S. 
If you talk to your doctor you may get the impression that there is precious little you can do about this – that it is virtually a matter of fate.
But nothing could be further than the truth.
Please keep reading, because I’ll tell you about an amazingly effective way to naturally and safely support the health of your brain with the spice that doctors on the cutting edge of medicine are calling a “brain health miracle!”
Nature’s Brain-Protecting Miracle
There are a number of natural ways to nourish your brain, but one special nutrient in particular has shown extremely exciting promise when it comes to supporting your entire neurological system.
Impressive scientific research has shown that curcumin , a unique antioxidant compound found in the root of the turmeric plant, is one of the most powerful, natural brain-supporting substances ever discovered! It continues to amaze scientists who study the effects of nutrition on the brain with its remarkable effects on cognitive health.
You may be familiar with turmeric as the bright yellow spice that is commonly used to season curry dishes. Turmeric has a long history as a healing herb and culinary staple in India. And perhaps not coincidentally, India has some of the highest turmeric consumption in the world, and its people have a long-standing history of excellent, life-long brain health.
Your Brain on Curcumin
As a health-conscious person, you’ve probably heard all about the health-destroying menace known as free radicals. These merciless, cell-damaging molecules can literally determine how healthy or unhealthy you will be. The higher the levels of free radicals wreaking havoc throughout your body, the more damage to your health. And your brain is especially vulnerable to free radical attacks.
Simply put, free radicals are what accelerate the aging process. They disrupt the body’s healthy inflammatory response and put your body under constant attack from the inside out. The health consequences can be devastating.
Keeping these free radicals at bay is a full-time job. They’re in the air we breathe and the water we drink. They’re in the food we eat. And stress, toxins, lack of exercise and even some pharmaceutical drugs increase our levels of these health demons.
Not only do free radicals make us look and feel older, they are especially effective at attacking our brain cells and interfering with normal cognitive function. That’s why I was excited to read that recent breakthrough research is showing that curcumin has powerful free radical-fighting abilities, especially where the brain is concerned.
A landmark clinical study showed that curcumin has the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier and penetrate the brain where it can work its antioxidant magic. Once inside of the brain, curcumin goes to work wiping out the free radicals that can damage healthy cells. This can have a profoundly positive impact on an aging brain.
It’s important for you to know that curcumin is one of the few substances known that can pass into the brain to combat these harmful free radicals.
Curcumin Supports a Healthy Inflammatory Response
You may have heard about the importance of maintaining a balanced inflammatory response in your body for optimal wellness. It’s been discussed by experts such as Dr. Oz, and it has made headlines in publications such as Newsweek and Time .
Low-grade inflammation is rapidly becoming recognized as an important predictor of health, and promoting a healthy inflammatory response is one of the best things you can do for your overall health, especially your brain, joints and cardiovascular system.
Inflammation can be tricky. It can be a good thing in a time of crisis, bringing blood and immune cells to the site of an injury to promote healing. But if your body leaves the inflammatory response “turned on” for too long — which often happens when you’re chronically stressed or exposed to free radical-generating toxins — your whole body suffers.
Unfortunately, most people don’t understand or recognize low-grade inflammation, or only associate it with the familiar aches and pains of joint discomfort. When this happens, their gut reaction often is to go see a doctor or pop a few pills, but nature has other solutions that are perfect for the job, and curcumin, in my opinion, ranks among the best of the best!
Cutting-edge science is showing that curcumin is one of the most powerful compounds ever studied when it comes to promoting a healthy inflammatory response. Curcumin is so effective because it is a potent inhibitor of the body’s most powerful inflammation-causing chemical, called Nf-kappa beta.
Miraculously, curcumin has been shown in numerous studies to support brain health as well as tame joint pain and muscle soreness, support cardiovascular health, reduce oxidative stress and more.[6-9]
If you think you’re prone to inflammation, then curcumin may be just the natural solution you’ve been looking for.
How to Get the Most Out of Curcumin
Although you may be able to find high quality turmeric powder at your local market, it’s very difficult to verify its purity and potency. Plus, it’s almost impossible to incorporate therapeutic amounts of curcumin into your diet on a daily basis as a spice, because the curcumin content of turmeric is only around 3% by weight.
If you want to experience the full effects, you need to take an extract that contains significant amounts of curcumin . So to put it simply, a high-quality curcumin supplement is your best bet!
However, not all curcumin supplements are created equal. Unfortunately, most supplements out there don’t have the necessary doses and components to get the job done. If you take the wrong supplement , you’ll end up not only wasting money, but missing out on an incredible opportunity to support the health of your brain, joints and heart while fighting dangerous free radicals and promoting a proper inflammatory response throughout the body.
There are 3 major factors to consider when deciding on a curcumin supplement:
1. Standardization and Dose: Standardization is the process by which the active ingredients in a plant are concentrated and brought to a consistent level. The active ingredients of turmeric are called curcuminoids, and there are actually three components: curcumin, demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin. Any good curcumin supplement should include all 3 of these curcuminoids and be standardized to at least 75%. Otherwise, what you’re getting could be little more than a pill filled with powdered turmeric root. Also, I recommend a minimum daily dose of 1,000 mg per day.
2. Absorption: One problem with curcumin is that it’s not easily absorbed. However, it was discovered that an extract of black pepper, called piperine, significantly enhances absorption of curcumin. In fact, one study found that the addition of a piperine increased bioavailablity by 2,000%! So make sure that any curcumin supplement you take contains this important extract.
3. Price: Some people mistakenly believe if you pay more you get better quality. My advice is that you don’t need to pay more than $30 for a one-month supply. Many companies are taking advantage of the hype surrounding curcumin and charging more than double this.
The Curcumin Supplement I Personally Recommend
Since supporting your brain and promoting a healthy inflammatory response are critical to overall health, I consider curcumin a “must take” supplement. However, when I was looking at the different options out there, I was shocked by how many poor quality curcumin supplements there were. The ones that had “all the right stuff” were absurdly expensive, making this lifesaving nutrient off-limits for too many people!
That’s why I took it upon myself to develop an effective AND affordable curcumin supplement called Curcumin2K®, As many of you know, in addition to my work with Live in the Now, I own a company called Stop Aging Now, which has been making premium-grade dietary supplements for over 20 years. I developed Curcumin2K working with my Scientific Advisory Board, and it’s simply the most effective and most affordable curcumin supplement on the market.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get Curcumin2K at a discounted price with free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal. Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
I invite you to do your own research to make sure I’m not just shamelessly promoting my own product, but I think you’ll find no other curcumin product like Curcumin2K. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Curcumin2K is made with a potent 1,330 mg dose of turmeric extract (roughly the equivalent of 13 heaping tablespoons of turmeric powder) standardized to contain a minimum of 95% of the three active curcuminoids, which is the highest level achievable.
- Curcumin2K is enhanced with 20 mg of BioPerine® black pepper extract standardized to contain 95% piperine. BioPerine is the brand used in all the research that has shown piperine increases curcumin’s absorption by up to 2,000%!
- Curcumin2K is made in a FDA-inspected facility to meet or exceed stringent USP standards for quality, purity and potency.
- Curcumin2K ships to you for free and comes with an amazing 365-day “any reason” guarantee. This way you risk nothing!
- Curcumin2K is available for as little as $19.95 per bottle (which lasts a full month). This is up to 3 times less than similar high quality brands.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get Curcumin2K at a discounted price with free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal.
2. Curr Med Chem 2013;20(32):3955-85
3. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2010; 11(6): 1621-1629.
4. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2008;28(1):110-3.
5. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 2009; 41(1): 40-59.
6. Phytother Res 2014;28(11): 1625-31
7. Eur J Appl Physiol 2015 Mar 21
8. J Nutr Biochem 2014;25(2): 144-50
9. Int J Sports Med 2014;35(6):469-75
10. Nutr Cancer 2006;55(2):126-31.
11. Planta Med. 1998; 64(4): 353-356.
Joshua Corn -Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.